I was promoted to 3-kyu, that's a brown belt in our club, and A was promoted to kari 8-kyu.
KihonI need to work on
- chaku-gan (need to "look" at your invisible opponents)
- zenkutsu-dachi (front stance, width, depth)
- kiba-dachi (I know I can do better)
- waki no shime (I guess, keeping your elbows close to your sides in hiki te?)
- hiki ashi (Guessing, bringing foot down after a kick or step??)
- soku to (this has to do with how your foot is when you do yoko-geri etc)
- chikara zuyosa (powerfullness)
KataI need to work on
- There are times when you need to be powerful and times when you need to relax.
- Rhythm? Times when you need to move quickly, and times when you need to move slowly.
- 立ち足 tachi ashi?? Stance? 前屈立ち、後屈立ち、騎馬立ち?
- 足首の締め Still a mystery.
Update: I talked to the black belts last night and they said that 足首の締め probably means "leg stability." Are you wobbling when you step? Maybe I should just ask the instructor directly.
I need to work on
- 気合 Kiai
- 力強さ powerfulness
- 手首の締め ???
- 正確な受け accurate blocking
- 決め Kime (I think I know what this is, but not 100 % sure).
-Overall, need to get lower in your stances
-Master the Heian Kata